Is unwanted hair barring you from wearing swimsuits or being intimate with your partner? If that’s the case, then you’ve probably tried every time consuming and painful over-the-counter hair reduction method out there. When you come in for a consultation at Spa in the City, we will explain the details of our laser hair removal process and the latest electrolysis system so that you have some options to consider.
Electrolysis is similar to laser energy in that it uses heat to treat and kill the unwanted hair follicle, except without the laser. If you’re uncomfortable with lasers or are simply not ready to try them, electrolysis is a great way to rid your body of difficult to tame hair in the most uncomfortable places. We’ve got you covered with effective hair removal methods that give you the most for your time and budget. So don’t even think about plucking or shaving any longer!
So what is electrolysis and how does it work in hair removal?
To remove unwanted hair, we recommend heat energy, which is exactly what we use in electrolysis. Electrolysis requires small pulses of electric heat energy that are delivered through the hair follicle down to the root. The electrolysis hair removal treatment can be applied to hair on the face and body for an all-in-one method that focuses on every individual hair.
In treatment with electrolysis, we insert a fine wire into the hair follicle from the skin’s surface. We then send an electrically charged current through the tip of your hair follicle that radiates down to the root. Any hair growth communication and response between the hair follicle and tissues is removed at the root. Once each follicle of hair is electrically treated, we gently remove it from the skin with tweezers and move on to the next one.
How many electrolysis treatments will I need?
Since many factors influence hair growth, you will need to return for several visits. The total number of sessions required to permanently reduce hair growth in a particular area will vary from person to person. You’ll likely need to return once a month for treatments. Hair removal with electrolysis produces the no-growth results you want. You’ll see the difference in the volume of unwanted hair after each session. Each treatment has the potential to last several hours, but can take as little as 15 minutes, based on the surface area of hair treated each time.
Myths about electrolysis:
- Electrolysis is painful, too painful for the average person. The truth is, electrolysis usually does cause some discomfort; however, a topical anesthetic may be used to calm the skin. You can also let us know during the treatment if you experience any discomfort so we can adjust the application.
- Methods of over-the-counter electric tweezing are permanent. Not exactly, as the Food and Drug Administration, as well as the American Medical Association, recognize only electrolysis as a permanent method of reducing unwanted hair. At-home methods are not approved for safe use and should be discontinued. Electrolysis should only ever be provided by a spa or health clinic.
- I shouldn’t bother because at home hair removal methods, although temporary, are better. This isn’t the case at all. Not only are temporary methods of hair removal time consuming and expensive over time, but they can produce their own side effects. Thinking about all of these temporary treatments, many of which consist of chemicals and burning hot wax, you’re more likely to burn and scar the skin. Bleaching is toxic to the skin and can cause serious pigment changes that will eventually lead you to years of cosmetic treatments. If you want to retain healthy skin but get rid of the hair safely, electrolysis at Spa in the City is your best bet.
- Laser treatment is just better. While laser treatments may be the preferred method for some, it can cost a lot more than electrolysis and require many sessions to see results. We’ll let you know which is the right treatment for you. Even if you have undergone laser hair removal previously, we can finish off those last few pesky hairs with electrolysis.
Now on to the facts about electrolysis:
- This method of applying an electric current to unwanted hair has been in use for more than 100 years. How many treatments can say that? We can treat most problem areas with electrolysis, including the face, eyebrows, breasts, abdomen, thighs, and legs.
- There are no permanent side effects with electrolysis. Although temporary redness may occur after treatment, electrolysis is safe, and no harmful chemicals are used in the process.
What’s the cost?
The treatment costs as little as 20 dollars per 15 minutes.
At Spa in the City, you are treated in a clean and organized environment, where you can be sure you’re receiving the best possible care. We value your health and make an effort to provide you with lasting results supported by comfortable and customized treatments every time.
Call Spa in the City today at 972-588-4485 to schedule your consultation for hair removal with electrolysis.